The City Council is the governing body of the Vista Municipal Government. The City Council sets City policy, adopts City ordinances and resolutions, and reviews and approves all major policy matters, fiscal concerns and City projects. The City Council is composed of four elected Council members who serve four-year terms and an elected Mayor who serves a four year term.
Left to right: Deputy Mayor John B. Franklin, Councilmember John J. Aguilera, Mayor Judy Ritter and Councilmembers Amanda Young Rigby and Joe Green.
- Judy Ritter, Mayor (term expires 2018)
- John B. Franklin, Deputy Mayor (term expires 2018)
- John J. Aguilera, Council Member (term expires 2018)
- Amanda Young Rigby, Council Member (term expires 2020)
- Joe Green, Council Member (term expires 2020)
Contact the Mayor and City Council
You can contact the Mayor and City Council by calling City Council Secretary Doris Calvo at 760.639.6130.
- Agendas & Minutes
- Schedule - Public Meeting Notices
- Online Video Broadcast
- A Guide to the City Council Meeting
City Council Goals
The City Council met on March 1, 2016 during a City Council workshop to discuss and prioritize key goals for 2016/18 to guide decision-making at all levels of City government.