The Geographic Information System (GIS) Division seeks to promote the use of GIS technology at the City of Vista, and to facilitate public access to the City's spatial data. Specifically, the GIS Division strives to help meet the changing needs of government and the public by providing the following services:
- To serve as the City's spatial data repository
- To serve as the liaisons to all City departments using GIS
- To identify, propose and implement GIS solutions for solving government problems
- To provide useful geographic data and maps to City departments and the general public
Download PDF Maps
The maps listed below are currently available for viewing or download. They are in PDF file format and Adobe Reader is required to view them. These maps will be periodically reloaded to reflect data updates and map changes. Some maps may be very large files and it is recommended that a broadband connection is used if viewing them online. Click on the links below to access the pdf maps.
- Sewer Atlas Maps
- Storm Atlas Maps
- Benchmark Atlas Maps
- Street Sweeping Map
- Garbage Collection Map
- Fire and Sheriff Locations
- Vista Parks
- Points of Interest
- Land Use (2030)
- GeoVista Web Site : Property and Location information can be accessed using the City of Vista's Geographic Information System (GIS); an interactive map used for querying, displaying, and printing GIS information.
- Vista Parks : Explore Vista's public parks around the City.
- Vista Planning Development Projects : See the Development Projects in the City.
- Vista Public Art : Explore Vista's public art displays around the City.
In accordance with the California open records law we are able to provide most of our GIS layers on an individual request basis. Please contact the GIS Division for any GIS related data requests you may have. We can usually provide the data layers in a variety of standard ESRI software formats. While we are more than happy to provide the data we have available, we do require that it not be re-distributed. Unfortunately, the GIS Division is not able to create custom maps - we can only provide the source data. It is our intention with the GeoVista website, users will be able to create their own maps.
Vista Civic Center
200 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm (*closed every other Friday)
Telephone: (760) 726-1340
Fax: (760) 639-6196
Rob O'Donnell - GIS Coordinator
Phone: (760) 643-5439
For ZONING related questions please contact Community Development
Building: 760.639.6105 & Building Inspections: 760.639.6106 (24 hour)
Development Services: 760.639.6108